Our most recent Ofsted Visit was in in May 2016. We are delighted to tell you that the inspector found that the leadership team had maintained a good quality of education in our school. The key findings, as presented in the report were:
- Leadership and governance throughout the school are strong.
- Pupils achieve well. Leaders track progress of children rigorously and have a detailed understanding of how well individuals are learning over time.
- Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities make good progress.
- Behaviour and safety continues to be outstanding. Behaviour in lessons and around the school continues to be exceptionally good and children are engaged in their learning.
- Standards in Key Stage 1 and 2 are strong and children consistently achieve above the national average in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Pupils’ personal development is excellent and the promotion of their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding.
- Teachers have clear expectations and children are challenged to think deeply.
- Partnerships with parents and carers are a strength, reflected in the very positive response to the inspection parental questionnaire.
Areas of Improvement
- To ensure that the school website is complete and fulfils statutory requirements.
- Self-evaluation is supported by analysis of assessment information for groups, including disadvantaged children.
- Leaders and teachers continue to improve the proportion of children making more than expected progress
- To consistently implement the marking and feedback policy, including the use of the school’s target sheets.